II. Personal Information We Collect
A. Actively Collected Information
Personal information includes information that identifies you, whether directly or indirectly. NWFMA requests and collects personal information from our users at various site locations and instances, including, but not limited to, when you register as a user of the Site, submit membership application or request information from us, fulfill purchase, raffle or contest entries, or use the services offered through the Site, such as posting to one of our forums, making purchases in our online Store, or being listed as a member. These are currently the primary ways in which we gather information; however, we may also collect data through other channels in the future.
The types of personal information we may actively collect from you can vary according to the method through which it was attained. It may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Full name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing information and payment details (such as billing address, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information, specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction)
- Username and password for your posts in our Forum
- A record of your orders, purchase history, and shopping behavior and preferences
- Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site
- Other details that you may submit to us
If you opt not to provide us with personal information you can still access the Site, however you may be unable to receive certain services, participate in certain promotions, such as raffles and contests, or create login credentials in order to use certain functionalities on the Site.
B. Passively Collected Information
We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. We may use analytics applications such as Google Analytics to help us collect and analyze this information. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (“IP”) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, your browser type, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information. When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), location data, browser type, browser language, your computer operating system, your mobile device and mobile operating system, the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
Navigation Information. When you visit or access the Site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came (known as a “referring URL”) and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Site. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether you have clicked on a link or opened an email from us. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Location Data. We may also receive location data passed to us from location-enabled devices or from third-party services. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device. Even after you opt out, service providers may collect device-specific information (such as a unique device identifier) when you use our Site.
- Adobe Flash is another technology that can provide cookie-equivalent functionality. Adobe Flash is capable of storing information on your device (in a file outside of your browser). Please note that not all browsers provide the ability to remove Adobe Flash “cookies” (also called “locally stored objects,” or “LSOs”). You can restrict or block Adobe Flash cookies/LSOs through the Adobe website. As with any cookie, if you do restrict flash cookies/LSOs, there may be some Site features you aren’t able to use.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
III. How We Use Personal Information
Personal information collected through the Site may be used by NWFMA and its affiliate for purposes of:
- Administering and processing your account or applications;
- Responding to your questions;
- Providing the products and services you select;
- Contacting you, whether by email or postal mail, with information about your membership status or the Site;
- To contact you about our products, services, and promotions;
- Sending you email newsletters you request;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve our product and service offerings;
- Creating a profile based on the information you have provided;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
- Developing new products and services;
- Processing your memberships, orders, and inquiries;
- Responding to your requests and improving the Site;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis;
- Administering raffles and contests;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
IV. Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Site, except as described below:
- Affiliate. We may share personal information collected through the Site with our affiliate, American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association (AFRMA) for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. For example, if you make purchases through the Site, we may share personal information with third parties that process payments on our behalf. We may also use third parties for services that include, but are not limited to, product fulfillment, log-in registration, website and email hosting, marketing, website analytics and advertising. We may share personal information and non-personal information collected through the Site with these third parties so that these third parties can provide services on our behalf. NWFMA is not responsible for the conduct of any third parties who provide services on our behalf, and we expressly disclaim all liability for damages
- Social Media Sign-On and Registration Services. The Site allows users the option to log-on or submit information through Facebook, Twitter, and other third party social networking websites via a third party portal. If you provide your social networking username and password through the portal, depending on your social network’s privacy settings, the third party uses that information for log-in to the Site and may pull your information from that social networking website, subject to the applicable social networking website and your current privacy setting on such social networking website. If you choose to log on to a website through a third party social networking website, we are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content of the third party portal provider, or such websites. We may use the information obtained through the third party portal provider to contact you, using third party marketing vendors, about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Legal. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our stock or assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Public Information. Note that any information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Site becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Site, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board, chat area or other public area of the Site. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Site may be shared by us with others.
V. Aggregate Information
VI. Opt Out
At this time, NWFMA does not send marketing communications from the Site, however reserves the right to do so in the future. In that instance, you will have the option to unsubscribe or opt-out of future communications. You may unsubscribe or opt-out of future messages as follows:
- If you no longer wish to receive emails you may click on the hyperlink titled “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing related email sent to you by NWFMA, and then follow the directions to unsubscribe from email.
- You may indicate your preference that NWFMA not release to third parties personal information collected when you subscribe to our magazines by checking the appropriate box on the subscription invoice form or subscription renewal form that we mail to you.
VII. Updating Information
We encourage registered users of the Site to keep their personal information current. You may access, edit or delete certain personal information you have provided about you by contacting us by email at https://northwestfancymouseassociation.org.
VIII. Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. We use secure socket layer (SSL) software to encrypt certain types of information, such as payment card information, when transmitting information between your browser and the Site. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
IX. A Special Note about Children
Children are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Site only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
X. External Links
XI. Special Admonitions for International Use
The Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to the Site are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Oregon in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
Last Updated: July 1, 2019